Renowned for its world-class golf resort and incredible coastline landscape, Pebble Beach provides the backdrop fro a California family’s second home. The site is nestled among trees and overlooks Cypress Point, offering views of the golf course and the Pacific Ocean beyond. Originally, a spec-house was intended for the site, but construction was halted during framing when Pfau Architecture was hired to redesign the original into a contemporary house. The client wanted a modern home that would exits harmoniously with its environs: the nearby homes, the undulating landscape and the ocean. Pfau Architecture drew inspiration from the mission style architecture prevalent in the area. The palette of materials is rich but understated—custom plaster and stucco, natural and bleached mahogany, white oak, limestone, and granite.
- General Contractor: Keehn Construction
- Structural Engineer: Structural Design Engineers
- Civil Engineer: Veizades & Associates
- Interior Design: Terry Hunziker Incorporated
- Landscape Architecture: Suzman Design Associates
- Lighting Design: Revolver Design
- Photography: Art Gray